Useful things to know:
- The fare is $2.75 per ride and is paid for by the same Metrocard used for the subway and the buses.
- There's a visitor centre located just outside the tram station
- The size of the island makes it excellent for exploring by foot. There is also a free bus which circles the island, stopping at various points.
- The island can be accessed by the F subway line (Roosevelt Island stop) and from Queens, via the Roosevelt Island Bridge.
- There are not many places offering food, we came across a handful of eateries on the north side and a Gristedes (grocery store) about 5-10 minutes walk from the tram station.